Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Watching from the side lines

Watching from the side line vs being part of the action

I started playing action soccer a month ago and have been enjoying it thoroughly. Who would have thought that running around non stop for 20 minutes aside, kicking a ball, defending your territory, trying to scole a goal whilst attempting to not faint from exhaustion would be so much fun. Action soccer is a sure way to get the pulse beating, blood flowing rapidly whilst getting the body into shape for summer.

I couldn't play in our teams match last week but watched as my team played a rather tough match, which we should have won but did not. Watching from the side line was a totally different experience, the game seemed to be in slow motion. Standing on the side line seemed as though I was pressing the pause button every now and again as all passes seem to be much slower. I shouted from the side, hoping my team could hear me cheer as well as direct the passes informing them who was open or not. I realised that playing the game, being in the crux of the action versus watching on the side line are two totally different perspectives. When you're in the middle of the action, you dont really hear the screams and shouts instead you try to strategise and plan your next pass. 

In life there are times when we watch from the side lines as there are times when things seem to happen in slow mo and we wish we could have changed the outcome. I guess the best that we can do instead of screaming from the side lines, one should rather put yourself in the heat of the moment & question what your decision would be. Would you prefer to watch from the side line or be in the heat of the action and make that pass?

http://tinyurl.com/2u23p38

No comments:

Post a Comment