Saturday, October 30, 2010

The last lecture...

I cannot believe that I am writing this blog post, the time has eventually come as I have attended my final Media Studies lecture and in the process of finishing up with Management. I dont think it has actually sunk in yet. Two years of Btech studies has been anything but a breeze. I can actually admit that I underestimated the challenge of studying part time whilst trying your best to have a full time career and attempt to actually have a life outside of all the work.

Looking back now, I am happy I have completed it, as I patiently await my results however there were definitely times when I was ready to throw in the towel and focus on my career and life as a 24 year old. However these phases past by as I realised that if I want to climb the corporate ladder and achieve my career objectives then I would have to complete my Btech. Challenges had to be overcome there was no way of giving up, one just had to knuckle down, sacrifice and picture the end in sight which at times was very difficult.

During the two year period, I was tested and challenged in a number of ways. Whether it be meeting deadlines, attending lectures even though my plate was already overflowing with work, sacrificing weekends and my ME time and realising that for the 2 year period I would have to give up certain luxuries such as sleeping in. My character, ambition, committment and perserverence were all tested on a regular basis which I think added a touch of spice to my character.

I am so thankful for the wonderful people in my life who constantly encouraged me to keep going even though there were times when the tears would not stop flowing from being purely overwhelmed. I am so happy that I stuck it out, as I learnt so much during the two year period about the communication industry, life lessons and most importantly myself. I look at the experience with fond memories, I would encourage individuals to pursue their Btech's however never underestimate the challenge that comes with it and one needs to be up for it if you want to succeed. Failure and not completing my Btech was never an option, accomplishing this achievemnt is fantastic, I could not be happier and I'm so excited to see where my career will go. For now its time to take a mini break from studying and its time to focus on my career on the otherhand I am looking into a few short courses for 2011 as I believe you are never too old to stop learning and the mind needs to constantly be challenged. Its now time to put all the years of studies into full practice and see where I end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment