Saturday, October 30, 2010

If you had to teach, what would you teach?

Teaching English
I take my hat off to those individuals who pour their heart and soul into teaching, trying to impact the lives of individuals whilst they are forming opinions, discovering life, testing boundaries, questioning the unquestioned, causing trouble and really just being a child or teenager discovering whats acceptable and unacceptable.

I definitely think being a teacher is a calling as one needs much patience as you are tested on a daily basis and not only by the students but by a number of rules and regulations. But like any job there are rules and regulations which need to be followed as these keep people in line as well as provide guidelines for whats acceptable behaviour and whats definitely not.

If I had to teach something it would be english as there are so many individuals in Africa and beyond who cannot speak it fluently. I would want to travel and teach english as it will not only allow me to teach, share knowledge and experiences with others but I will be able to learn about a new language, culture and country whilst doing what I enjoy. A few places that I would want to teach english would include
  • Zanzibar, Tanzania
  • Athens, Greece
  • Tuscany, Italy
  • Prague, Czech Republic
  • Andalucia, Spain
  • Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Copan Ruina, Honduras
and in Africa
  • Malawi
  • Ghana
  • Uganda
  • Kenya
  • Swaziland
  • Zambia
I would not only want to teach english but hopefully get individuals to understand the importance of embracing different cultures and see the good as well as reap the benefits of helping those less fortunate.

http://tinyurl.com/3a3almw


No comments:

Post a Comment