Saturday, October 30, 2010

My favourite Cat in the Hat book is Fox in Socks, because...

Cat in the Hat, a journey of fun and learning

My childhood memories are filled with stories by the infamous Dr. Seuss. This classic collection of childrens books were and still are an absolute hit with the younger one's as the stories are filled with crazy characters, catchy rhymes and colourful drawings which takes you on a creative journey far far away. I have many favourite Cat in the Hat books however Fox in Socks still stands out as the one that I remember most.

Fox in Socks is a tale of the energetic Fox in Socks who teaches a rather confused Mr Knox all about tongue twisters. Poor Mr Knox is very overwhelmed to say the least however after much practice he learns all about the tongue twisters in town. Fox in Socks takes Mr Knox on a complete journey of tongue twisters through the town introducing him to other characters like Sue and Crow as well as teaching him tricks along their journey.

This book is ideal for children who are beginning to read on their own as the rhyme, repitition and rhythm assists the little ones to become more confident in their reading abilities.  Its one of my favourite Cat in the Hat books because I thoroughly enjoyed all the rhymes, it made me start thinking of creating my own rhymes from a very young age. I will definitely keep my collection for my kids one day as I want my children to discover the tales of Dr. Seuss and Socks on Knox and Knox in box. Fox in socks on box on Knox.

No comments:

Post a Comment