Friday, September 24, 2010

What makes me smile?



A true smile takes over your face
Seeing someone smile is definitely my favourite expression to observe as a smile effects different facial muscles and can even been expressed through ones eyes. When someone is exceptionally happy, if you observe the eyes, one would note that the eyes in essence are actually smiling whilst glowing. A smile is generally brought about by a feeling of happiness, pleasure, contentment and excitement however there are times when one may smile due to anxiety or annoyance. Then there's the fake smile when one feels obliged to smile or you just smile for the sake of smiling in order to mask an annoyance or irritability, which I must admit I'm definitely a culprit of.

There are so many moments, activities or things that make me smile. Below are a few that spring to mind
  • Friday afternoons, knowing that its weekend & I can attempt to sleep in.
  • Spending the afternoon with people that I love and creating new memories
  • Trying new activities like tobogganing and realising that I actually enjoy it.
  • Food, trying new restaurants and discovering a new passion for cuisine
  • Getting involved in a CSI project and watching how it positively impacts a community
  • Going on holiday, packing my suitcase and boarding an aeroplane
  • Learning from others especially older, wiser and experienced individuals
  • Overcoming a challenge, realising how much work went into the task and being able to tick it off my To Do List
  • Arriving home after being away, seeing familiar faces and just being home
  • Sunday afternoon naps with the sun penetrating my back as I snooze
  • Sharing achievements with special people
  • Looking through old photo albums and reminiscing about the 'old days'
  • Getting into bed after a long, hard day
  • Morning cuddles
  • Being on holiday and realising that its time to switch off and just be
  • Seeing others achieve and overcome hardships
  • Seeing others smile, makes me smile
  • Meeting up with friends who I have not seen in years
  • Being part of a society where one is encouraged to make decisions, stick by your decision and learn from the process.
  • Love and the emotions that go with it
Life is all about the moments that make you smile however lets be honest there are many moments which encourage you to frown rather than smile. Instead of focusing on the frown fulled moments, I'm going to try to capture the moments which are full of smiles.

A smile confuses an approaching frown
-- Author Unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment