Sunday, June 6, 2010

A refreshing morning in Woodstock


Morning buzz


Waking up on Saturday morning at 8am is not a favourite activity of mine I must admit,  however arriving at the Biscuit Mill in Woodstock, smelling the freshness of the organic foods being cooked, seeing the array of brightly coloured smoothies, feeling the morning atmosphere of the young & old strolling through the market is definitely worth the early wake up call.

Its a rather overwhelming experience if you are a virgin to the morning market, yes I am not proud of the fact that it was my first saturday morning visit, as the market has been on the go for a while however the morning market bug of freshness had bitten me so I will make up for all the time missed. There is a variety of stalls selling anything from iced tea, fresh pomegranate smoothies (definitely a must-have), chocolate tarts,fresh fish, vegetables, cheese, crepes, pizza, mojito's yes fresh mojito's at 9am.


Early morning Mojito's, cocktails & bubbly

It is definitely an overwhelming experience as there is so much variety that you actually do not know where to begin. My advise would be to just follow the smells, you may need to walk around in circles at first but one does not leave the biscuit mill empty handed or unhappy. I had the most delicious breakfast, I don't remember what it was called, but it was made up of a thin potato rosti, with bacon, a poached egg, cheese and hollandaise sauce and wow it was worth standing in a queue for 20 minutes as I enjoyed each bite and savoured the flavours. I left the morning market, happy, with a tummy filled with amazing freshness, a bag of treats even for my puppy Bella and the thought of when I will be back.

Crepes with Nutella

2 comments:

  1. AAAAARG-I keep meaning to go there , I covet a piece of jewellery that resides at Tinsel! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have officially made my mouth water

    ReplyDelete